At the forthcoming fifth conference, Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi Indonesia (STEI) / Indonesia College of Economics transforms International Conference on Business, Economics and Social Sciences (ICBESS) to Annual International Conference on Management Research (AICMAR). With this transformation, the conference will give researchers more opportunities to discuss with other researchers in the same field from around the world. This will enable participating researchers to produce more quality research.
Until now STEI has succesfully organised ICBESS up to 5 times in terms of both attendance and quality of the discussion that ensued, which are :
- The first conference in Bali (Indonesia) in June 2014. The first conference was attended by 172 participants from 8 countries such as Indonesia, Germany, Canada, Malaysia, Thailand, Kenya, Brunei Darussalam, and Bangladesh with the number of papers that have been presented at the conference were 138 papers from 180 papers that have been accepted by the Committee (acceptance ratio 77 %).
- The second conference has been held in Lombok (Indonesia) in August 2015 has presented 170 papers from 10 countries (Czech, United Kingdom, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Thailand, USA, Algeria, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Indonesia).
- The third conference was in Kuta-Bali (Indonesia), 10th – 11th August 2016 has presented 93 papers from 6 countries (UAE, Timor Leste, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia).
- The fourth conference took place in Yogyakarta (Indonesia), 9-10th August 2017 which has presented 99 papers and attended by participants from 7 countries (Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hungary, and Timor Leste).
- The fifth conference was held in Manado (Indonesia), 8 – 9 August 2018, with a joint host between STEI and SamRatulangi University. Attended by 208 Participants, from 6 countries, among others (Indonesia, Malaysia, Jepang, New Zealand, Singapura, dan Timor Leste). 98 papers have been presented.